Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Do not worry.

We all go through varying degrees of rubbish in life, and it sucks. Not just rubbish but change as well, and sometimes it's these changes that are the rubbish. Change can be scary, it's like your life that is comfortable and the life that you know gradually morphs into something that you have no idea what it is and don't know where it's going. Sometimes the changes aren't gradual either, they can happen over weeks or months which sometimes give us a bit of time to adjust or they can just happen in a split second and leave you breathless and sick to the stomach - like you've just plummeted down a huge drop on a rollercoaster. Change can sometimes be out of our control but sometimes we hold the reigns. It's not until the transitions happen that we know if it's for the better, the worse or not that different after all.

All I do know is that change will happen to all of us whether we like it or not. I've had my fair share of it over the last 10 years. Some of it heart wrenching, crippling and what seemed impossible and unexplainable. Some of it was all of the above but over time I've come to know it's been for the better and some of it was all of the above times a hundred but over time I have been given overwhelming peace.

It's because I know I don't need to worry.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own" Matthew 6 v 34

I know it's easier said than done, but it's helped me no end, sometimes not straight away but once it's sunk in it has. Knowing that I have someone looking over my life that holds me in the palm of their hands every day I live on this earth, someone that has a perfect plan for my life - even if I mess up I am forgiven and I ca but learn from where I've gone wrong.

If i'm scared about change, about the unknown, the uncertain and going into the darkness, I know I don't need to worry, because I know that I have someone who loves me and will be with me whatever rollercoaster rides I may go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment