Through no-one's fault but my own, over the last few months I have been depriving myself of sleep. Not on purpose, it's just kind of happened that I've not got much more than only 6 and a half hours sleep a night, as a result unsurprisingly I'm shattered (give me no sympathy).
I decided at the beginning of this week that I can't carry on like this, I'm turning into someone that isn't me and I don't like it. I don't like being grumpy. I don't like getting into bed thinking "I love my bed, why didn't I do this sooner?" I don't like waking up feeling sick and my eyes stinging because of a lack of sleep. So I'm making changes...gradually.
I'm currently quite excited because I get a lie in tomorrow. I have a day off work that is owed to me but I'm using it to go on a training day with I*Eat - a local eating disorders charity in Bournemouth (see an old blog post I wrote about a fundraiser they did) who I'm hoping to work for one day soon.
I'm definitely not grumpy now. The satisfaction of working SO hard over the last 3 days so I can have tomorrow off combined with that thought of extra time in bed is making me very very happy!
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment