As I get older I can see different elements of both of my parents in me, but I'm definitely like my Dad in the sense that we both have a love of music. Dad was in a band when he was at school and he talks fondly of when he used to see The Beatles in little venues when they first started out and other stories like that. I love hearing all about it and for christmas I bought him the remastered
Paul McCartney & Wings - Band on the run album. We sat down and listened to a few tracks talking about which ones he liked and "little bits of the songs" like guitar solo's and key changes that we thought were great.
Listening to music that we both like, looking at the album sleeves and discussing band members history with my Dad is definitely one of my favourite things to do. As the title of this blog post states: Like father, like daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment