Monday, 12 December 2011

Dan Mangan.

After having a mental Monday at work I came home to find a little CD sitting in my doorway that I ordered the other day. The CD is called 'Nice nice very nice' and it's by an artist called Dan Mangan.


I first heard about him a few weeks ago when I started listening to last.fm. If you're not familiar with this website and like hearing about new music then this is definitely for you. You basically set up an acount (all free of charge) and then type in all the bands and artists you like and it will play you related artists that it thinks you might like but in an online radio format without the adverts. I love it. So it was through this that Dan Mangan popped up on my Library radio and upon further listen to him online I decided to purchase one of his albums.

Little did I know that when it arrived it would come in a cardboard CD sleeve (although they get damaged easier I prefer the look and feel of them) with lush illustrations on.


So not only did I want to say that I really like his music (I'm listening to it as I type and am thoroughly enjoying it) but the actual CD case is pretty awesome too. It's one thing knowing that you're getting a new album to listen to, but when the packaging turns out being just as good as the music that's inside it makes the whole thing a little bit sweeter.


No comments:

Post a Comment