Monday, 26 December 2011

Happy Christmas.

As I write this I am lying in bed reflecting on my Christmas day 2011 while sniffling...a lot.

I've had such a lovely time. In a nut shell it consisted of the following: opening my stocking, decorating the table, Church, presents, lunch, more presents, eating, TV, relatives and bed. Not bad really. Just what Christmas Day should be.

I must admit, I feel incredibly thankful. Not only because of the lovely things that people bought me and the kind messages I've received over the day..but just thinking over the fact that I really do have people in my life that love and care about me.

Digressing slightly, I have 'stuff' going on in my life just as much as the next person and I guess that the end of the year is a good time to think about it. To look back over the year just gone and think about what you can do to make a change the following year, what you're going to get up to, what you hope to achieve...I'm going to do that.

I'm aware this has gone a bit deep for a post casually titled 'Christmas Day' but the truth is that even with this 'stuff' going on, it's those people that have entered my Christmas Day at some point are the ones that have made my 'today' special. That they will help me get through, that there is hope throughout the 'stuff' and they're the ones who will be coming out the other side with me. Not just them, but the man who today is all about. Because of 'Him', I know that 2012 is something to embrace. It's because of 'Him' that I have had today to celebrate his birth from all those years ago and that right now in my sniffling state I can sit and recognise the people I really care about.

So thank God for Christmas Day
That he gave me people that can put up with me (sniffly or not)
That he will be with me next year
That he will gradually help me sort my stuff out and never leave my side.

Happy Christmas
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment