Saturday, 9 June 2012

Photo diary: 1st - 5th June

1st June - Today I braced myself as I entered another
part of the grown up world where I went to John Lewis
to choose a fridge freezer & a washing machine for my
new house. This is something that I used to do with Mum
& Dad when I was younger, opening up all the doors & thinking
"When I'm older I'd have this one.." but instead this time
it was actually for me...turns out it's not as simple as which
one looks the prettiest - it's "which is the most energy efficient"
& "which one will fit in the space I have best" etc. Needless
to say, after a few hours I had purchased my white goods.

2nd June - A nice little gathering at the pub with my
friends inevitably ends up with us all getting
pudding, as was the case this evening. However it
was my friend who purchased this desert that was
described as "great for sharing" & at the cost of £7.50.
However, sharing he did not. He polished the whole
thing off himself which is apparently the first time
anyone ever has after a solo attempt. Ridiculous.

3rd June - The great packing task continued in my room
today as I prepare to move out of my flat in a couple of weeks time.
A mammoth job would be somewhat of an understatement.

4th June - Anyone else's boyfriends make hot drinks & then
just don't finish them? Mine does.

5th June - After my 5 day weekend I headed back to London,
in first class. A happy mistake by the external travel office who
seem to have booked me in here. My first time in the blue
carriage on the train, I probably wouldn't normally pay extra to
travel in here, the only advantage being wider seats, wider aisle
& the fact you can say you travelled 1st class (whatever you
need to say that for) But as you can see, it was brimming
with people on my journey back...*cough*

No comments:

Post a Comment