Saturday, 6 August 2011

Farewell London.


Last Friday was my last day in London working at head office. Filled with a mixture of emotions, my last day consisted of a fry up at breakfast, out for lunch with the girls and coffee and cake in the afternoon. I can't believe how quickly 10 weeks went, but as happy as I am to now be back by the sea and not living out of a suitcase, there are some things that I will miss:

*Looking at the view of the London chimney tops out the window on the train journey everyday
*Walking from Waterloo to Embankment station past the beach huts on the Southbank
*Eating my lunch outside Buckingham Palace
*Having nearly every shop under the sun on my door step, including my new favourite - Oliver Bonas
*Sample sales
*Afternoon coffee and cake
*Singing "Lady in red" to Lucy. I know how much she loves that song..
*The new friends I've made

As I said, I am extremely happy to be back home again and to be breathing in that sea air again, but I can safely say that I will look back on the last 3 months with fond memories. The only thing left to do is to get back on the exercise regime to work off all the cake I've consumed. Er hum..

No comments:

Post a Comment