So, part of why I was away last week was because I was at something called Spring Harvest. An awesome conference at Butlins in Minehead. I went with my best friend, her husband and some other friends too and all in all had a very fulfilling time.
During lunchtime on one of the days we were talking about people past and present and I made the comment of "I can't believe she's got a boyfriend". I didn't mean it in a malicious way at all, more just a "wow, amazing what happens over time" kind of way - but being the jokers that my friends are, it very rapidly got blown out of proportion - all in humour of course. The conversation continued and more things were said by other people and like my statement, was quickly taken out of context for which we all laughed...a lot.
It's funny when things are said when you're with people that can have a joke, can understand your sense of humour and sarcasm. And the way I am, that's quite important, as sometimes I guess things can be taken the wrong way. But I guess the trick is to be adaptable depending on who you're with and just doing a little more thinking before you start speaking. I'm definitely in need of taking a little bit of my own advice..
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment