There's nothing quite like a bank holiday weekend. Although, as I work in retail I have to alternate the days I have off with my colleague, so unfortunately neither of us benefit from the full 4 days that you can sometimes get.
But from the end of my time off work into this bank holiday weekend was great. The sun shone constantly, I clocked up at least 6 or 7 hours of beach time and had a grand total of 3 bbq's within 5 days. Apart from the obvious excessive meat consumption, what more could you want?! And even though I was working yesterday (Easter Monday) I still managed to squeeze in an hour on the beach after work and joined Andy and Matt at the end of their sunning session. I even learnt how to catch a ball at the age of 25, now THAT I never thought I would do, let alone NEED - although it was clearly needed after a horrific rounders defeat on Sunday afternoon...
So although retail isn't the ideal sector to work in if you want to enjoy lengthly weekends off work enjoying the public holidays we as a country have been blessed with, I certainly made the most of what I did get. Good times.
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment