10 years ago
Monday, 9 May 2011
Day 1.
The day finally came. My first day in my temporary new job in London. It started with getting up for work 15 minutes earlier than normal even though I was starting an hour and a half later than I would back home. LOVE commuting into London..
Even though I didn't get a seat on the train (I wasn't expecting to anyway so there was no disappointment there), the pleasant walk across Waterloo bridge from the station to Embankment was very nice. The sun was shining on the London Eye and the Thames as if it was greeting me saying "See Jo, it's not THAT bad in London is it?!"
Safely arriving at head office amongst all the other suited and booted Londonites I then spent half my day in an induction with a lovely view out the window (sandwiches, tea, crisps and biscuits were also provided) and the other half of the day getting my bearings, meeting the lovely people I'll be working with and also discovering that there is a Topshop and a Zara outside..oh dear.
Nearly falling asleep standing up on the train on the way home, in the car and in my dinner was how the end of my day has panned out. On reflection, a successful first day. For now though I'm going to sit in my pyjamas on the sofa and watch Glee from last week and recharge my batteries ready to do it all again tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




This sounds very exciting! I'm currently looking at working in London, but being a country girl the prospect does slightly scare me.
ReplyDelete