Sunday, 8 May 2011

Great start..mostly.


To celebrate my last weekend before my London adventures I spent my Saturday with my housemate having breakfast at Urban Reef, charity shop shopping in Southbourne, going to Homebase and Homesense, baking brownies, watching Greys Anatomy and then seeing the brilliant Tom Whitman and Jackhatch play at the guys house last night for an acoustic living room gig.

Tom Whitman
Jackhatch
Then after church today I had a lovely lunch with the girls (and the guys from the band helped us eat the food as well), went home and packed my suitcase and have now arrived safely at my parents.

After opening my gift from Gem with a cup of tea in hand, I thought I'd have a look at the train times for my commute in to London and only now have I realised that I can't get the overground train that I thought I was going to be getting. So for the last half an hour I've been looking on boring train time websites while flitting backward and forwards looking at paper timetables my Dad's been producing to see if there's a way around it. The joys of being a commuter are all flooding back to me. Hopefully my first day will go ok, I won't let a few train times get in my way.

Ah well, I have 11 weeks to adjust. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment