Monday, 16 May 2011

Very english.

On reflection of my weekend just gone, I've come to the conclusion that it was not only relaxing but very English. This wasn't because of spending a bit of time on the beach (well, running down it) but it was mainly because of my Sunday afternoon..drinking tea and playing croquet in a very English garden.

And yes you heard me right, Croquet. I've never played it before and I think it showed (give sympathy to poor Natalie who I played with) and yes we did come last.

To top it all off I went to look at Buckingham Palace in my lunch break today. In my 25 and a half years of existing I've never been there, not even on a school trip. So to find that I could walk there in 10 minute minutes from my office was a nice surprise. I even stopped by the Goring Hotel where all Wills and Kate's wedding guests stayed the other week and stared at the door men in bowler hats..I love that they were wearing bowler hats...I mean, who wears them these days? Now that is English.

My conclusion - I like English things and I like being English. All I need now is a cream tea..

No comments:

Post a Comment