It's my birthday eve and I had the day off work so had a leisurely morning at home and then made my way back to the coast this afternoon to drop in on my work colleagues who I haven't seen for a while, went shopping for tomorrow and went back to the flat to find some beautiful cupcakes and presents from my housemate who can't be with me tomorrow.
Sadly, the heavens have done nothing but stay open all afternoon and I actually nearly got drowned just taking my shopping in from the car. I had to put my wellies on for the task, that's how bad it was.
I can't quite believe it's June and only 2 months ago was I sitting on the beach after work getting a tan. It's like April showers no longer exist and they've shoved it onto June instead.
All I can do is pray that tomorrow morning the sun will be shining so I can go to Urban Reef for my birthday breakfast and get my first breath of sea air as a 26 year old. It did clear up slightly this evening which allowed for a beach walk with Gem and her sister, so I'll keep my fingers crossed..
No comments:
Post a Comment