Sunday, 26 June 2011

Time out.

After a crazy busy day yesterday for my cousin's Hen (a blog to follow over the next week) today has been the polar opposite. For the first time since I started my temporary job in London I haven't gone back to Poole for Sunday, for Church and seeing my friends.

As a result my day has been incredibly reserved and lathargic. Went to Church with my parents this morning, Sunday roast, Grand Prix (including napping on the sofa) and sitting in the garden reading a book in the scorching sun.

I've had time out to relax, recharge and reflect. Even though time in my own thoughts is sometimes not a good thing, thinking is positive as well, to go back and think over things that we may have been ignoring or not want to face and deal with or simply just "mull over stuff", and this is something I've done a fair bit of.

As much as I'm missing my friends and today most likely missed out on the opportunity to go to the beach and spend time with some of my favourite people, I can see the positive of sometimes being blessed with an opportunity to just stop and take stock. So because of that, I am thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment