Today was absolutely roasting so I thought I'd get out of my air conditioned office to enjoy the sunshine. I took myself and my lunch to St James' park which is about a 10 minute walk from my office and sat and baked myself for half an hour while enjoying the trees and the green surroundings. I concluded my break with a little walk around part of the park, over the bridge and back past Buckingham Palace.
Having a park like St James' really is lovely if not a bit surreal in the middle of such a crazy city, but I think it's necessary to have such places as these when there is so much commotion and busyness around.
It may not be the sea, but I definitely have a new found respect for park life. My new best friend. Until the weekend when I go home anyway!



No comments:
Post a Comment