Sunday, 5 June 2011

Parlez 'vous Anglais?


Yesterday I got home from a week in France with my uni friends. 2 full days boiling hot sunshine, 2 days torrential rain, 1 day overcast and another couple of days were cloudy but warmer later so all in all the weather was mostly kind to us. I was hoping for a full week of bronzing time, but alas, you can't always have it all..

The week mostly consisted of sunbathing (where possible), sleeping, eating pastries & baguettes, sitting in a car and most importantly...relaxing which is something I very much needed to do.

On a random note, the one thing I realised was how much German I've remembered from my GCSE days. That may sound ridiculous but it was only because when I went to think of what I needed to say in French that I realised that they were actually German words. Thankfully I realised this before I spoke to the lovely locals that I came into contact with.

We did have a lot of "car time" but fortunately my travel sickness seems to be going with age, so I didn't have that to worry about. Phew.

Relaxed, rejuvenated, fleeting visit to Poole and back and I'm now ready to go back to the London grind.  No doubt by lunchtime tomorrow the picturesque scenes of rural France will be a distant memory..

No comments:

Post a Comment