Being a fan of the show I was already excited, but seeing them all sing live and be just as good, if not better than on TV was incredible.
The two highlights of the evening for me were when Heather Morris (Brittany) danced and sang "I'm a slave for you" - it made me have a new aspiration to want to dance with her one day...she's amazingly talented. And the other was when Amber Riley (Mercedes) performed "Ain't no way" by Aretha Franklin. It was breathtaking. So much so I had a tears in my eyes. Her voice filled that arena like nothing I've ever heard. There's quite a few amateur videos of her singing it on the tour but here's one if you wanted to see what I'm harping on about on Youtube.
The only thing that could have made the evening better is if I was nearer the front and could have seen their faces. A VIP box is swanky and all, but I couldn't really stand up and dance because of all the reserved people sitting behind me and I wasn't as close to the main stage as I would have liked. But I still think it was worth every penny and I would go again in a heartbeat.
And yes, I'm still a Gleek.





No comments:
Post a Comment