I was honoured to be asked to be one of her five bridesmaids and it was a real blessing to be one of her 'girls' standing alongside her on her wedding day. She asked me to do the table plan that people looked at as they went into the reception (and no, I didn't have to decide where the relatives were sitting..I just made the plan look pretty), and I also got to put her shoes on for her - all big responsibilities! Apart from that my main job, like the other girls, was just to be there for her. And that in itself was a pleasure.
The wedding was amazing: good food, good company, a great barn dance - the weather was even good to us. Even though the next day my feet were hurting from tottering around in high heels and A LOT of dancing and even though my stomach muscles hurt from where I was holding my stomach in all day so I wasn't bulging out my dress, I wouldn't change it for a thing. To spend a day celebrating the marriage of two people being so much in love and with God so at the centre of their relationship was incredible. And if I was to be able to say that I too had that combination of love and lifelong commitment to a wonderful man, then I can see every reason to celebrate.






No comments:
Post a Comment