...of me and my music. I thought it would be interesting to keep a note of what I listen to over a week of commuting to and from work and throughout the days in the office. I don't always get a chance to have my iPod on continuously, but having a little excursion to Reading meant I clocked up a good chunk listening time.
I won't lie, I do get stuck in a rut of listening to a lot of the same stuff on loop, often because I'll love a song so much I get almost addicted to it. So knowing that I was keeping a record I made a little bit ore of an effort to try and get through some full albums rather than my playlists which consist of lots of songs by lots of artists (although I couldn't avoid them completely and did listen go through them once or twice) Anyway, here's what I got through album wise...and OCD'ishly in order as well:
*The Xcerts - In the cold wind we smile
*Longview - Mercury
*Tom Whitman - Breaking in of light
*Embrace - Out of nothing
*Snow Patrol - Final Straw, Eyes open and One hundred million suns
*Feeder - Comfort in sound and Silent cry
*Regina Spektor - Begin to hope
*500 days of summer Soundtrack
*Coldplay - Rush of blood to the head and X&Y
*Ben Folds - Rockin the suburbs
*Ben Howard - These waters and Old pine
*Brett Dennen - Loverboy
*The Kooks - Inside in Inside out and Konk
*Marc Bolan & T-Rex - The essential collection
*Steve - Falling down
*Noah and the whale - Last night on earth
*Bon Iver - Bon Iver
Looking at that list it doesn't look very long for a 5 day stretch, but I must add I probably did listen to some of those albums a couple of times over too..
And as I thought it was interesting I've started my list for this week, if not just for my own pleasure. Who knows, maybe I'll even make it a regular thing putting it on here. Only if there's enough variation though, it may get a bit boring seeing the same post written once a week - for me writing it and you reading it!
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment