Love can obviously be shown in different ways, a lot obviously depends on if you're going out with someone, you're married or if you're simply just good friends. Focusing on the latter for a minute, there's many ways you can make your friend's feel loved and the beauty of it is that it can be shown by doing or saying the smallest things and sometimes, nothing at all. Making someone a cup of tea, a hug or even simply just listening.
I am blessed that I have friends that do this for me, and for that I'm so thankful. Knowing someone loves you isn't all about having a warm fuzzy feeling inside and having butterflies in your stomach. It's knowing that you have a friendship with someone that is deep, that's constantly built on. Knowing you have someone you can trust, someone that will be there when you laugh and when you cry. Someone that looks out for you and supports you. They simply just care.
To give a friend even a glimmer of that feeling that they are loved is massive. I know we're all human and we sometimes don't do these things, but if we try even just a little bit, the effects can be astounding. Cheesy I know, but that really is the power of love.


No comments:
Post a Comment