Friday, 15 July 2011

New tunes.


Despite arriving back in Poole today with a stinking migraine, when I got to my bedroom door I was greeted to find the consequences of my musical splurge last week - 3 parcels from play.com. Yes.

Due to my commuting and temporary nature of my work over the last few months I was getting through a lot of music on my iPod, so I asked a few friends to recommend me some albums they thought I would like. I didn't buy all of them to start with but last week I completed my purchases and bought the remaining 3 that had been recommended along with 1 album I wanted myself.

*Gemma Hayes - The roads don't love you
*Band of Horses - Cease to begin
*Karima Francis - The Author
*Benjamin Francis Leftwich - Last smoke before the snowstorm

The latter being the one I chose myself thanks to being introduced to him by my housemate. His voice is so hauntingly beautiful, I'm excited to be able to listen to his album without the Spotify adverts and without being told I've listened to 'Atlas Hands' too many times so can't listen to it at all. Long live the CD is what I say.

Thank you to those who have suggested albums to me over the last few months. If anyone thinks of some music you'd like me to check out then let me know. Very much up for new suggestions to add to my musical collection. Looking forward to getting my teeth into these first though - and literally as well as they've come in that annoying plastic wrapping that takes about 10 minutes to take off...grr.

No comments:

Post a Comment