Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Little Painter.

As you may or may not know, I am a Visual Merchandiser. This mainly consists of making things look pretty to make people buy them, along with other jobs like printing tickets, putting out signage, launching promotions amongst other things. My job role also includes painting, wallpapering, drilling...general DIY. The latter things I don't have to do that often but the last week at work has consisted mostly of painting.

I love painting, I actually find it quite therapeutic but this has been painting on what has felt like a mass scale. I spent 2 days in the lighting armoires (display alcoves in other words) painting them yellow with a double base coat of white first and also painting promotional ends in our Cookshop and Small Electrical department. I'm not lying to you when I say that I could barely move my arms on Saturday morning when I woke up, I actually felt like I'd been weight lifting constantly for a week.

On a plus side, it must have been the one job I've done on the shop floor where barely any customers have interrupted me. It obviously takes an apron covered in paint, a yellow barrier, dust sheet, paintbrush, rollers and paint pots for them to realise I'm not really in a position to of be much assistance. However, if I had a pound for every time someone said "Can you come and do mine?" and "You've got more paint on yourself than on the wall!" I'd be a very rich woman by now. Granted, most of the latter comments came from my work colleagues: they're all incredibly funny people.

You can't really see it very well but I guess by the amount of paint on my top I have in the picture below they have a point. And you didn't see my shoes or the bottom of my trousers..

No comments:

Post a Comment