Saturday, 5 March 2011

SixtyMillionPostcards.

Not only a great name but also a great bar where I spent my evening yesterday. Me and the girls met up for some beverages and unexpectedly, a touch of live music.

There were 2 bands playing, first on were Foreign Office who were great. Although the guy playing the keyboard seemed to have a drum next to him that he just spontaneously hit and not very well...although we did find it very funny, and as I said, the band were great. Then the main band of the evening were called Trophy Wife. Also pretty good (with a nice looking drummer which the girls admired, shame about his 2pac t-shirt), they have supported the likes of Foals and Bombay Bicycle Club. Going back to the drummer - my hat goes off to him, I've never seen so much energy put into songs that you wouldn't have thought needed that much movement needed to play the drums. All in all a good evening of friends, vodka, cranberry, chatting & live music. We even got a booth. Score.

Unfortunately we didn't brave the bars of Bournemouth for a dance afterwards. We settled for chips and home to bed instead.

Advice? Go to Postcards. They even have Toffee Apple Pie on the menu, I'll be back.
My very bad photo of Trophy Wife from our booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment