Thursday, 24 March 2011

Training.

Well, I guess training is a bit of a strong word. I made myself go for a run after work today mentally telling myself that if I start to run a little bit every week then it will get easier and therefore the 5km run in June will not be so painful.

Thankfully I made the most of the beach on my doorstep by running down the promenade to Branksome Beach and then back home again.

On the way back I ran along the sand right next to the sea..weird as it may sound, it's something I've always wanted to do. There's something about being so close to something so beautiful and for 15 minutes or so it made me not worry that I wasn't sitting at home with a cup of tea and my feet up.

I'm aching already but I DO want to get fitter and I DO want to be able to do this 5km run without passing out. Well Mr Seaside, guess I'll be seeing you in a couple of days..

No comments:

Post a Comment