Monday, 21 February 2011

Cakes with a cause.


On Saturday afternoon after my disastrous crazy golf session, while my friends were watching the football in my lounge I embarked on a 2 hour 15 minute baking mission in the kitchen.

I was baking cakes along with some other ladies to take to church on Sunday morning to raise money for a lovely couple called Chris & Amanda who are doing amazing volunteer work out in Athens at the moment.

For the occassion I made Strawberry cheesecake cupcakes and a Lemon & Poppyseed cake both from the Hummingbird bakery cookbook. I can safely say that these have gone down pretty well whenever I've made them before and Sunday was no exception. They all sold along with all the other cakes (which were amazing!) raising money for a very worthy couple.

I love baking cakes normally, but to bake them knowing that they will go a little way towards helping other people makes it all the more enjoyable. All I've got to decide now is what to do for the next cake sale..

No comments:

Post a Comment