Now, I'm a bit of a pop princess so of course I was able to appreciate the masterpiece which was Mmmbop back in the day, but I really never thought in a million years that she'd like them at all, let alone their whole back catalogue. I was so secretly pleased though that she had a soft spot for pop music buried deep in that indie/rock/ska heart of hers.
From that day on she was to educate me in all things Isaac, Zack, her favourite; Taylor, and their musical past and present, including the album she was currently in love with "Underneath". Little did I know that this was soon to become a huge favourite of mine as well. We even went to see them live in Manchester which was absolutely amazing and Abi got to do a phone interview with Isaac for our University magazine (yes she nearly died). I must admit, I was hooked.
I won't lie, I've had a bit of a Hanson break in my life the last few years, but back at University my friend Phil gave me the Underneath album as a present and yesterday I dug it out and put it on in my car. I'd forgotten how much I loved it. I even surprised myself how many words I still knew (and they're gradually all coming back!) I can't pick a favourite song, but up there would definitely be Penny and Me, Deeper, Broken Angel and Strong enough to break.
So, I'd just like to say thank you to Abi for re-introducing me to them all those years ago and this album in particular, it's made my last couple of days thoroughly enjoyable, not just listening to the music but also reminiscing about the good old times at Uni.
All of you who are sitting reading this thinking that we are completely out of our minds, what I'd say to you is don't knock it until you've tried it. I'm aware we will probably still be in a minority but you never know, you might be as pleasantly surprised as I was..
![]() |
| Not such long hair these days. |



Phil, i've now edited it to mention you. Thank you for the CD. I'm forever grateful.
ReplyDelete