Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Quite a bit gross.

That's right, it's make-up night and yes, we did casualty make-up again. This week we got to do an "injury" of choice on our partner and let me tell you now, people certainly used their imaginations..

I was working with Grace who I worked with a few weeks ago and she gave me a Twiggy inspired look. This week she asked me if I could go with her because I've got short fingernails. If you're a bit puzzled all will become clear very shortly.

I started work on Grace first with my injury that consisted of making it look like a pencil had been stabbed in her head. Yes, that was a disgusting idea and no, I never thought in a million years I'd be making it look like that had happened to someone. By the time I was nearly finished (while I was waiting for the pencil to stick) I really started to freak myself out a little bit as it really was gross, but an hour and 45 minutes later I was finished and photographing her bloody face. Lovely.

After she removed all trace of ever being wounded by a pencil and having a hole in her head she then worked on me. My face stayed clear of any fake blood and wax this week but my left hand wasn't so fortunate. I had a cut on the side of my hand and my middle finger with "glass" sticking out of it (broken CD case actually), 2 fingernails coming up with blood underneath them (hence the need for short real nails so they could be disguised) and scratches and dirt all over my hand. I won't lie, it was rank. The tutor said that Grace's make-up and the girl sitting next to us were the most disgusting of the evening. If it can gross a Make-up tutor out then I figure it must have been pretty bad (in a good way though because of how real it was).

Sadly we ran out of time so my whole hand wasn't transformed into a massacre, but I think 3 fingers was quite enough.

As always, I'll now show you some photos, but if you don't like fake blood or the look of nails peeling off then look away now..







No comments:

Post a Comment