I reckon that's probably one of the most over-used phrases ever, but I'm using it with good reason. I'm saying it is because I wish there was more hours in the day for me to listen to music.
There are so many bands and artists out there that I want to listen to. I want to sit on Spotify all day just going through song after song, album after album. Rarely am I just sitting at home doing nothing or I should say, being in a place where I have the capability to actually pay attention to what I'm listening to. I don't just want it to be a background noise, I want to take it in and soak it up because I care, it interests me, engages my mind and makes me feel happy.
While I type this little note I have my headphones in and can hear every word of Death Cab for Cutie, a fine example of a band that got introduced to me years ago that I'd now like to do what I stated in the previous paragraph. And it's times like now that I'd like more of.
I know that there will never be more than 24 hours in a day, but like many things in life if it's important then you make time for it. I need to apply this to more than just Spotify listening, but I guess if I can make time to listen to an album or two then I know that I can do it for other things as well.
So for now I'll compile my musical wish list and make my way through it gradually. It may take me a while but I know that when I do have time here and there to press play once again, that it will be time well spent and worthwhile to me.
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment