Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Twiggy eat your heart out

Apologies in advance for what may seem like a fairly self-indulgent post but there is a reason behind the images of myself, and no, it's not that I think I could be a model which the title of this blog post may imply...

I'm currently 3 weeks into a 10 week evening course doing Make up for Film and Television. I love it and wish I'd discovered it a lot earlier, oh well, better late than never. Each week we have a different theme: last week was the fifties, this week was the sixties. We work with a different person every lesson and when creating a look on our partner we normally work from an image. The lovely girl who I was with this week gave me a Twiggy inspired look, incorporating the false eyelashes that we also had to have applied. In the photos it looks fairly subtle to an extent, the main focus was on the eye make up which there's a close up of.

It is actually incredibly relaxing having someone is brushing, wiping, painting and prodding your face for an hour and half each lesson. I just wish somehow I could convert my rushed 5 minute "shove it on" everyday make up routine to something a little more indulgent like my Wednesday night classes...and this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment