Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Snow Patrol

I was just on the way back from the cinema with some friends and they had Snow Patrol's Final Straw album on in the car. I absolutely adore this band and pretty much every song that they have produced. Although I did have a conversation with my friends about the fact I find their earlier albums a little harder to listen to and prefer the later albums from Final Straw onwards. This prompted me to put their Eyes Open album on for the remainder of my journey home. I don't know what it is about them that I love so much; if it's Gary Lightbody's voice, the song lyrics, the way each song is composed or a happy combination of all 3. I've only had the privilege of seeing them in concert twice, but on both occasions they definitely did not disappoint and I wouldn't hesitate in seeing them a third time if I got the chance. So as I get ready for bed I am currently listening to "Run". It is a bit of a cliche that this is one my favourite songs of theirs, but I'm not ashamed because for the next 5 minutes and 55 seconds I'm going to happily sit and listen to Gary sing to me before I go to bed. Ahh.

No comments:

Post a Comment